Each year a new set of resolutions. Am I going to make or break them? It's hard to say but it will be fun being honest about the wins and losses.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 22, 2013

"Because one dipping sauce is not enough..."


Becky, Ali, and Duffy
Let's face it.  We all do it.  Everyone has the obligatory "lose weight" resolution.  We tell all our friends we want to lose that stubborn 10lbs, when the truth is it's really 30.  Ok, maybe not "we", I'll own it and say "me".  This was the unwritten article that had Ali and Duffy encouraging me to start my blog. I figured I could document my progress on weight lost and everyone could encourage me or tell me to get my lazy behind off the couch and start exercising.  I'm actually encouraging that by the way.  So how am I progressing with this resolution.  Let's just say I should have started my blog two weeks before my trip to Mexico. (around the end of April).  I was doing great.  Working out everyday. Membership at Planet Fitness.  Eating great and drinking Dr. Oz green shakes.  I lost the first 10lbs. Success!!!  Well its July and I can report that I've gained all 10 back.  Fail!!!  At this point, I'm lucky I haven't gained more.  So last week as Ali, Duffy and I ate at Olive Garden, laughing and talking about my weight loss article, the server approached and asked how many dipping sauces we wanted.  I answered with a resounding "three" because one is just not enough.  "Guess my diet starts next week girls."  Today is Monday, the best day to start a healthier life style.  Today I start again.  Didn't exercise today but ate healthy.  Tomorrow morning will be my first run in about 3 weeks.  Here I find myself at the starting line, yet again.

3 comments:

  1. Officially the most entertaining blog I am a member of! Way to keep it real, Becky! I love you and am very proud that you are my sister. You are so capable and talented and the funniest person I know. I hope that run went well today. Day by day...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of my daughter. Each day is a new start. I really do need the "10 pounds" off. Yesterday was a new start for me too. I don't want to be a frumpy looking grandpa. Let's keep encouraging each other. Love you, Becky.

    ReplyDelete