Where my hope should be found.

There are certain desires that all of us have. The desire to be loved, respected, and treated with kindness.  Mother Teresa said "The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved."

I have to say, I just love people.  I know that sounds corny, but I do.  I love them.  I'm drawn to people and have a desire to get to know them.  I want to be involved in their lives.  I have a huge heart for teenagers and young people.  I love people who have less and I have a huge desire to help people in any way I can.  I've already talked about Camp Daniel and my love for people with disabilities. I'm so glad that God gave me a heart for people. In this pursuit to help  love,  I've developed some amazing friendships.  I'd like to say I've changed lives and made a difference but I wouldn't say that.  I just know that I've been able to get to know and try with whatever gifts God has given me, to serve them in whatever capacity I'm capable of.  

I'm human though and I desire that which is in all of us.  To be loved back.  I look at other people and I can see they find their validation in the wrong places and I think that somehow I have it more together. But when I look at what's really in my heart, I realize that I'm needing validation as well.  I guess I would have always described my love as one that is unconditional. I still do, but I've found that it is really hard when I do not get that love in return.  I feel I "deserve" it some how because of how I am. I had a revelation a couple months ago.  God reminded me that my hope is in him. I've heard it a million times but truthfully it was never true in my life.  God was telling me that no matter who disappoints me that he will be there for me.  That everyone will at some point fall short and my hope has to be in him alone.  It's not a lesson I've mastered. It's something I'm reminding myself of daily.  I've found that as I realize this truth, my friendships and relationships end up better because of it. So I encourage you, try to believe this truth for yourself.  Find your hope in him, and then no matter what anyone else does, love anyway.


“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway. 
If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies: Succeed anyway. 
If you are honest and frank people will try to cheat you: Be honest anyway. 
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway. 
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous of you: Be happy anyway. 
The good you do today, will often be forgotten by tomorrow: Do good anyway. 
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give your best anyway.” ― Mother Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's them, not us. Right?!

My Mess Makes Me Massive

The Marathon Win...The Marathon Loss.