The Marathon Win...The Marathon Loss.

The alarm goes off at 6:00am and my first thought is "What did I get myself into?!" I know I've trained for months, drank tons of water, ate a massive plate of pasta the night before and got plenty of sleep, yet, a quick moment of fear passes over me. 7:00am Jill comes over and I feel a bit more calm. We eat some candy and then get dropped off at the race. 8:00am the race starts, music playing, ear buds in and we're off. Don't worry, I won't give the moment to moment recap but I will say we finished the race at 10:22am. A time of 2 hours, 20 minutes and 35 seconds.  Our goal had been to finish the race, running or walking and we made it running the whole way. We were very happy with this. It was so cool to run the last lap in Lambeau Field. When we crossed the finish line, I actually shed a fear tears.  It's been months of training and hard work and it was something I was never sure I'd be able to do. As cheesy as this may sound, crossing the finish line meant more than just finishing a race for me. It was a reminder that goals and dreams can be accomplished. 
Marathon Win

The other part of the story is that I was able to lose the 30lbs that had been my goal while training. I actually lost a total of 37lbs. It is so hard to lose weight. For everyone who is working on this, I commend you. It has been a long hard road that I will continue on. My super great friends have encouraged me to post my before and after, so I will take their advice.  As I emotionally conclude this resolution, I find myself ready to tackle the other areas of my life that need some focus. 
Marathon Loss





Comments

  1. Becky...this is a huge accomplishment...so proud of you...go Becky go! It's just the beginning! And as someone we both know often says: The Best is Yet to Come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.
    So inspirational - great job Becky.
    Your commitment level throughout the training has been incredible.
    Great article, too. Plus, I never saw the double entendre coming.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James! I thought you'd like that:) You're the best!!

      Delete
  3. Again, better late than never! I was bragging you up at Bod-e tonight! Great job! Looking forward to our summer of fitness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot! woot! we did it...and YOU DID IT!! You're the biggest loser I know hahahaa!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$whoohoooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'm such a loser!!! I love it:) Thanks Jill! You're the best! Now on to the Bellin!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Nobody is Thinking About You in the First Place"

My Mess Makes Me Massive

It's them, not us. Right?!